[mythtv] FFmpeg Resync

David Hampton mythtv at love2code.net
Fri Jun 26 14:23:27 UTC 2020

On Thu, 2020-06-25 at 23:11 +0200, Jonatan Lindblad wrote:
> Den 2020-06-25 kl. 03:01, skrev David Hampton:
> > On Tue, 2020-06-23 at 14:55 -0400, Peter Bennett wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > > David: I see a lot of warnings about "register" being obsolete. I
> > > hope there is some way of avoiding making a change to FFmpeg code
> > > for
> > > this.
> >
> > I have a one line workaround that can go in the MythTV sources, but
> > there are still a large number of "unused parameter" warnings
> > caused by
> > including get_bits.h that can't be fixed without changing the
> > FFmpeg
> > sources.  If I change get_bits.h to fix the the unused parameter
> > warnings, I can fix the storage class specifier warnings at the
> > same
> > time with the same one line addition (but in get_bits.h).
>
> I think using -isystem for external/FFmpeg would get rid of those
> warnings. Or is there a reason we are only using that for
> external/libmythdvdnav/dvdnav and external/libmythdvdnav/dvdread?

Hi Jonatan,

For some reason that doesn't work for these errors. I just cleaned my
tree and tried again from scratch. The clang compile_commands.json
database shows that external/FFmpeg is included with -isystem, but I
still see the null pointer dereference warning for a macro from the
file external/FFmpeg/libavcodec/get_bits.h .

David