[mythtv] Build of MythTV on Fedora 32

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 16:49:13 UTC 2020

On Mon, 27 Jul 2020 at 15:54, Stuart Auchterlonie
<stuarta at squashedfrog.net> wrote:

> On 25/07/2020 22:40, Klaas de Waal wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > After a clean install of Fedora 32 on what was previously my Windows
> > laptop I have built today's MythTV master as documented
> > in https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Build_from_Source
> >
> > Install ansible and loading dependencies OK.
> > Install mythtv. OK.
> > However, the configure fails:
> > klaas at MyZen mythtv]$ ./configure --prefix=/home/klaas/mythtv-master/usr
> > ERROR: libXxf86vm not found
> >
> > This is then solved by installing this library:
> > klaas at MyZen mythtv]$ sudo dnf install libXxf86vm-devel
> > after which configure and make are OK.
> >
> > The most obvious solution is:
> > - add libXxf86vm-devel to the dependencies in Ansible
> >
> > However, there could be a relation to the problems in ticket #13483
> > about X11 in Wayland, and maybe the way forward is to remove the
> > dependencies on X11 libraries.
> >

> I didn't think we actually required this library anymore???
> My preference would be to move towards not requiring it if possible.

This is still required to interrogate video mode lines for X. It may
be possible to use other APIs but that will still involve pulling in
something like XRandR.

I'm all for removing dependencies - but on linux I work on the
assumption that we should be targeting a build that works on all
supported Qt/QPA platforms - e.g. xcb, wayland and eglfs.

Regards
Mark