[mythtv] MythTV failure on Fedora 32 laptop

Klaas de Waal klaas.de.waal at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 17:31:32 UTC 2020

Hi,

I have done a clean install of Fedora 32 on my laptop. I have compiled
today's master on this machine. The problem is that both mythtv-setup and
mythfrontend do not show anything on the screen and both do freeze the GUI
while waiting forever for input until killed.
The Fedora install is completely default/out-of-the-box.
This can probably be fixed by changing from the default Wayland to X11 but
I would like MythTV to run on a default Fedora 32 installation, just like
VLC.
What is the way forward to achieve this?

Thanks,
Klaas.

N.B. Logs of mythtv-setup and mythfrontend are attached.