[mythtv] OpenGL: MythRenderOpenGL is not a valid OpenGL rendering context

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 11:32:45 UTC 2020

On 29/01/2020 20:25, John Pilkington wrote:
> re-sending to list.  Sorry!
>
> On 29/01/2020 18:06, John Pilkington wrote:
>> On 29/01/2020 11:28, Mark Kendall wrote:
>>

>>> Can you run the latest master version with this environment variable
>>> set:-
>>>
>>> MYTHTV_NO_EGL=1 mythfrontend
>>>
>>> and see if that helps.
>>>
>> Hi Mark:  I seem to have lost my local copy of my earlier reply, but
>> since sending it I have reinstalled b4f457 and rebooted with a routine
>> kernel update.
>>
>> Yes, the command line above works.  =0 works too, and without setting
>> the EV both mythfrontend and mythtv-setup hang as in my first post.
>>
>> eglinfo is unchanged after the reboot.
>>
>> Thank you,
>>
>> John

It seemed likely that this would also affect the installation on my
laptop, which similarly has no nvidia or vaapi capabilities.  Downloads
for bionic from the mythbuntu 31 ppa have been very slow, but I now have
what seems to be a working installation - provided that I call
mythtv-setup.real and mythfrontend.real with the same preamble.

The mythtv-dbg package has not yet been downloaded. Those installed are
at a4d1c3f