[mythtv] OpenGL: MythRenderOpenGL is not a valid OpenGL rendering context

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 10:49:33 UTC 2020

On Wed, 29 Jan 2020 at 20:26, John Pilkington <johnpilk222 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Can you run the latest master version with this environment variable
> >> set:-
> >>
> >> MYTHTV_NO_EGL=1 mythfrontend
> >>
> > Yes, the command line above works.  =0 works too, and without setting
> > the EV both mythfrontend and mythtv-setup hang as in my first post.
> >
> > eglinfo is unchanged after the reboot.

John

I've just pushed some improvements to the EGL check at startup.

I don't honestly expect it to make a difference, but could you post
the full output from mythfrontend - please note the initial log
message, if EGL is being requested, uses qt logging, so you may need
to run mythfrontend from the command line to see it.

Thanks and regards
Mark