[mythtv] Jumpy video playback

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Sat Jan 11 00:17:48 UTC 2020

On 1/9/20 5:36 PM, Klaas de Waal wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> My MythTV production system recorded this weekend a program that does
> not play back correct on my frontend with the Nvidia GT520  (driver
> version 340).
> It looks to me that the frame ordering is not correct; it jumps every second.
> The complete recording of 10GB has this when played to the end.
> However, if I cut off the first GB or so from the file then what
> remains plays perfect.
> Also, when I play it back on my development system (Intel only) then
> the playback is smooth.
> If you are interested then I can send you the file (or the first 100MB of it).
> Please let me know and also how you want it (WeTransfer or gmail
> attachment is what I use most of the time).
>
> Groetjes,
> Klaas.

I have noticed this type of behavior, but only on some reruns of
Midsomer Murders from early 2000's. It is especially bad on the
"Ovation" channel. I suspect some issue with the source, particularly
since I saw similar things when watching Midsomer Murders on Amazon
Prime with the prime app on NVidia Shield.

Peter