[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] [MythTV/mythtv] 6df5de: Mythfrontend: Add display and render information t...

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 19:36:26 UTC 2020

On Sun, 5 Jan 2020 at 08:00, Klaas de Waal <klaas.de.waal at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
> I do like the new Display tab in the status box.
> A few minor points that could be improved:
> - Aspect ratio is now shown with one decimal place. I suggest to  use
> three, so that a 16:9 ratio shows as 1.778

I've updated this as suggested - and included some details for other
connected displays.

> - My TV is said to have a size of 160mm wide and 90mm high. It is a
> bit bigger than that. Maybe this is wrong EDID in my TV?

This is, depending on your setup, just manufacturers being lazy or
cunning. I have a monitor that is 16:10 natively and reports the
correct size over DVI but just reports 160 by 90 when connected via
HDMI (and using 16:9 TV modes). It is also a workaround for displays
that don't have a fixed size (e.g. projectors). With the latest EDID
specs you can just specify the aspect ratio.

> - The colons are not vertically aligned; the "Current mode" and the
> "QPA platform" have the ":΅ one tab (4 spaces) to the left of the
> other fields. This is with MythCenter-wide.

The status pages weren't really designed with this kind of information
in mind. The use of tabs is a poor attempt at improving the
presentation but it really needs an update to the theme to handle it
properly. Feel free to make changes - but it won't work on all themes
(and indeed on the same theme on different setups!).

Thanks and regards
Mark