[mythtv] fixes/31 branch created!

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 11:14:38 UTC 2020

On Thu, 20 Feb 2020 at 18:39, Mike Bibbings <mike.bibbings at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> I have produced a script (a bit crude, but works)  to handle the
> resolution issue on Pi2/3/4 using a qt eglfs json override file as you
> suggested.

Mike

Nice work on the script. I do intend to rework the frontend window
settings for 0.32 - and one of those changes will be to allow the user
to set the default GUI video mode (rather than just using what it
started with). As it stands however that won't work for the Pi without
X - due to permission issues with drm.

I've also made changes to the software deinterlacers. Yadif is now the
high quality deinterlacer (with multithreading support) and there is a
new linearblend filter for medium quality. It should be reasonably
fast on the Pi *if* neon intrinsics support is enabled at compile time
- details in the commit :-

https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/8b16ce6ae8a8e214c3002a13d911c8356e061373

Not sure if OpenGL onefield/bob is still faster though:)

regards
Mark