[mythtv] fixes/31 branch created!

Mike Bibbings mike.bibbings at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 18:54:13 UTC 2020

On 11/02/2020 16:49, Hans Dingemans wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 10:31 AM Mike Bibbings
> <mike.bibbings at gmail.com <mailto:mike.bibbings at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 07/02/2020 11:51, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
>     > Hi,
>     >
>     > As you may have noticed we cut the fixes/31 branch yesterday.
>     >
>     > We are now entering the stabilization phase before the official
>     > release of v31.0
>     >
>     > Please test out this branch and provided feedback / raise tickets
>     > as appropriate.
>     >
>     >
>     > Many thanks
>     > Stuart Auchterlonie
>

>     I would like to run tests on Raspberry Pi 2/3 and 4.
>
>     I assume the local build process, is the same as for Ubuntu/Debian
>     i.e.
>     install build depends using Ansible and use ./configure (no
>     additional
>     options) for mythtv.
>
>     At present on a Pi 4 (4GB) with a default install of Raspbian Buster,
>     the best performance I can get is with V4L2 Codecs, but even this has
>     issues particularly with HD (UK DVB-T2 ) over HDMI 1920x1080 @50Hz.
>
>     Video Playback Profile defaults to MMAL.
>
>     I maybe missing some necessary settings, there are so many possible
>     options, so I would like to use the same settings as used during
>     development, can anyone provide these ?
>
>     The settings needed for pi2/3 and 4 are:
>
>     mythfrontend Video Profile
>
>     any changes required to /boot/config.txt
>
>     Pi 4 default uses dtoverlay=vc4-fkms-v3d with max_framebuffers=2 i.e.
>     running Fake KMS, Pi 2/3 do not use the fkms overlay.
>
>     Once I have everything working I can update the mythtv-light wiki
>     page(s) for Raspberry Pi.
>

>     Mike
>
> Hi Mike, there has been some changes on the ./configure options that
> are needed to compile the 31 branch (at least on a Raspi4, perhaps
> also on 2 and/or 3); I am not familiar with Ansible, so unless Ansible
> somehow recognizes that FFmpeg 4.2 does not support omx_rpi anymore,
> the config.sh script will run into trouble unless it is adapted. See
> https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=3606&p=17282#p17282

Hi Hans,

The --enable-omx-rpi configure error only affects mythplugins building,
there was a change a few months ago to packaging/deb-light/ which fixed
the mythtv build, a similar required change to mythplugins was overlooked.

python3 changes are also required.

My concern at the moment is getting adequate playback quality on
Raspberry Pi.

Mike