[mythtv] Google Play Store Dev fees

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Wed Dec 23 14:16:17 UTC 2020

On Wed, 2020-12-23 at 07:45 -0600, Greg Oliver wrote:
> Hi,

Hi.

> I would be willing to pay the Google fees for the developer account,
> etc if
> you are interested in publishing the MythFrontend and MythLeanFront
> apps on
> the Play Store.

Paying fees to give away FOSS apps.  ~sigh~

> It is not any big deal to sideload them, but as their popularity
> seems to
> be increasing (because they kick ass), it would be easier :)
>
> I have 10s of devices I load them on at various places, so the
> investment
> would be small for me.

You could also look into alternate app stores if you want the
convenience of being able to install from an app store.

F-Droid (https://f-droid.org/en/) is one such store that I install apps
from that are not on the Google Play store.  It's an open source app
store for open source projects.

Cheers,
b.