[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] [MythTV/mythtv] 52c7ff: mytharchive: Remve old mythburn G.A.N.T. files

Paul Harrison mythtv at mythqml.net
Wed Aug 26 21:20:39 UTC 2020

On 26/08/2020 17:39, John Pilkington wrote:

> On 26/08/2020 17:08, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
>>
>> He did ask on IRC, and nobody there knew of any use for them.
>>
>> Regards
>> Stuart
>
> TBH, I think the IRC clientele probably isn't a good match to the set
> of MythTV DVD creators.  I used to use MythArchive a lot, although
> rarely with the GANT theme.  Now mostly things get saved to NAS.
>
> John P

I don't think many users create DVD any more they are so last century
now :) Most of my old DVD's are slowly degrading so bad they are
unusable. I would remove the DVD creation part and add methods to move
recordings into the video library maintaining as much metadata as
possible (something that should be built in to MythTV IMHO) and also to
move/backup recordings and videos  to some separate storage like a NAS
again maintaining the metadata so they can easily be recovered.

Paul H.