[mythtv] Build of MythTV on Fedora 32

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 09:47:37 UTC 2020

On Thu, 30 Jul 2020 at 17:07, Gary Buhrmaster <gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am not volunteering to do the work, but from
> a cursory scan it would seem like using the Qt
> QScreen class returns the information that
> MythTV is looking for (pixels and refresh rate).
> And I am always in favor of making the hard
> stuff SEP.

Unfortunately the Qt xcb plugin only returns an integer refresh rate
(mentioned in mythdisplayx11) which would break judder free refresh
rate matching, but...

we only fallback to the refresh rate from libXxf86vm if xrandr is not
available. The other call to libXxf86vm in mythxdisplay is no longer
used.

So it is simple enough to remove the libXxf86vm dependency.
libxinerama and libxext are also no longer required. I've just done a
test build that removes the requirement for all 3 and requires
libxrandr instead - with no obvious problems.

Any objections to making libxrandr a requirement (it is currently
optional)? It is currently included in the ansible playlists but is
listed as optional in some.

regards
Mark