[mythtv] Android build remove the Schema Version Check Bypass

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Sat Nov 30 17:31:27 UTC 2019

We have got to the point where mythfrontend does not work well with a
wrong schema version. The latest master mythfrontend cannot display the
program guide when connected to v30 backend, due to the delete flag
changes. It gives an incorrect message saying you have no channels
configured.

Up to now, the Android build has bypassed version checks and could run
with any version of mythbackend.

It is time to remove from the android packaging, the line
IGNOREDEFINES="-DIGNORE_SCHEMA_VER_MISMATCH -DIGNORE_PROTO_VER_MISMATCH"

People will no longer be able to use android mythfrontend with a
different version of the backend.

I will make the change and test it in packaging/master. I will leave
packaging/30-fixes as is, V30 may continue to work with some different
versions.

Does anybody have an opinion on this? Will it cause any problems?

Peter