[mythtv] Merging the 'render' branch

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Fri Nov 29 15:56:20 UTC 2019

On Fri, 29 Nov 2019 at 12:49, Mike Bibbings <mike.bibbings at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there anything special for building and/or running on Raspberry Pi ?
>
> For building is the normal ./configure (no extra parameters) enough ?
>
> I am assuming build depends setup using current mythtv ansible.
>
> I have Pi2, Pi3 and Pi4 (4GB).
>
> Note Pi4 defaults to fkms is this ok ?

Mike

Off the top of my head, the regular ansible playlists should be fine
but you'll want to make sure the libdrm-dev package is installed.

Otherwise check configure shows you have DRM, Video4Linux (with DRM),
MMAL, OpenGL,  OpenGL ES and EGL.

I've used a Pi3 with stock raspbian, open source driver and full kms
for testing. Don't expect miracles on the Pi3 - I can't get much more
than about 35fps for HD material due to a limitation in the driver
somewhere (load is only just double digits). Pi4 should arrive on
Monday for testing - just picked up a black Friday deal:)

Thanks and regards,
Mark