[mythtv] 2019-devel: Video editor cursor position not meaningful.

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 10:04:33 UTC 2019

On 26/11/2019 08:57, Mark Kendall wrote:
> John
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by 'not meaningful' or 'difficult'. Can you
> describe the problem?

Hi, Mark:  When in edit mode there used to be a cursor that indicated
the current position.  Now it usually isn't visible, or sits at the
start or end.  The cursor gave trouble with one of the earlier Qt
updates, I think, but I didn't find a reference.  Something to do with
undrawing it and redrawing it in the right place, or twice with a
1-pixel shift, iirc.

In truth, editing without it is possible once one understands the
limitations, but it would be nice to get it back.

Yesterday I 'downgraded' to master on the F30 box - had segfaults on a
retune in render - and the editor there now has quirks with keyframe and
single-frame steps that weren't there before.  Again inconvenient but
not killers.

> Again, some logs would be more helpful.

Would probably need a lot of commentary as well.  I'll try the other
problems first.