[mythtv] 2019-devel: mythpreviewgen still segfaulting on some h264-progressive recordings

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 09:03:13 UTC 2019

On Fri, 22 Nov 2019 at 09:51, John Pilkington <johnpilk222 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 22/11/2019 08:14, Mark Kendall wrote:
> > On Thu, 21 Nov 2019 at 14:05, John Pilkington <johnpilk222 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> But mythpreviewgen for the output segfaults immediately after opening
> >> the H264 codec.
> >
> > John
> >
> > Any chance of a backtrace and logs? There's not a lot I can do without
> > them. A sample would be even better.
> >
> Mark:  Thanks.  I'm not too worried about the previews, but something is
> peculiar.  It seems that for *any* 1920x1080 h264 recording that I have
> tried, if I rename the preview file no new one is created.  New HD
> recordings don't have preview images.
>
> For 544x576 h264, previews come back when needed.  Intermediate
> resolutions still unpredictable.
>
> If you don't have recordings that do this I can post a clip.  I haven't
> done a backtrace recently.

John

A clip would be useful.

I'm going to sound like a stuck record here as well - but some full
logs would help even more. I need to try and replicate the same
'conditions'.

I'd like to get the render branch merged in the next week or so -
otherwise it will start to get tricky testing before the next release.
As it stands, I'm reluctant to do so. I do not want to merge anything
that has unresolved instabilities - and mythpreviewgen crashing is a
blocker as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks again
Mark