[mythtv] Dropping Directv -- tell scheduler date that source is no longer valid?

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Mon Nov 25 02:12:05 UTC 2019

On Sun, 24 Nov 2019 17:04:25 -0700, you wrote:

>Hey David,
>
>I am dropping Directv effective December 7th. As it happens, Directv is
>having one of their "free" weekends for Thanksgiving, so lots of shows are
>being scheduled and lots more are being delayed ("Later").
>
>Is there a relatively easy way for me to let the scheduler know that that
>source is going away after December 7th so it knows it cannot schedule
>conflicting shows after that date?
>
>I don't mind making temporary code changes to make this happen. I am just
>hoping for a simple solution.
>
>Thanks,
>
>John

I would fix that by running a script just after mythfilldatabase runs
that deletes all the EPG data in the program table for the Directv
source after your end date, then runs mythutil --resched.  I have a
script like this that does edits to my EPG data to get around problems
caused by bad data from my EPG sources and it works well.  I run
mythfilldatabase from my script rather than from mythbackend, and
schedule that script from a cron job under my mythfrontend user, which
makes it easy to do additional things to the EPG data.