[mythtv] BuildBot mythtv master Ubuntu 18.04

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 18:11:43 UTC 2019

On 11/19/19 11:32 AM, Mike Bibbings wrote:
> Just a heads up:
>
> The recent changes to mythtv master for python 3 are are causing Buildbot to build without python bindings, the build is still reported as good.
>
> The commit at https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/1df343e9ab7defa284a73390210a65cf2112f17e
>
> lists new packages (but does not mention which are build depends or run time depends).
>

> New packages required:
>      python-uritools
>      python3-uritools
>      python-mailer
>      python3-mailer
>      python-simplejson
>      python3-simplejson
>      python3-mysqldb # required for bindings too
>      python3-future  # required for bindings too
>
> There is a message WARNING: disabling Python bindings; missing uritools
>
>   at https://code.mythtv.org/buildbot/#/builders/22/builds/279/steps/8/logs/stdio
>
> it seems that build depends python-uritools is missing.
>
> I think ansible also needs updating.

Just pushed a configure commit. That should let the Python bindings
build/install.

Working on ansible.

Seems uritools was left over in my notes from early conversion
tests and shouldn't have been added.

pythonX-mailer had a handy function called _make_boundary and I've
replaced that with a random number (and the same ='s as before.)

Both will go away, but I found another issue and am trying to fix
that now. All of this is related to the Hardware Profile scripts.
The bindings (which Roland Ernst did and credits Mark Spieth too)
seem to be working. I released too early, but want users to be able
to test custom scripts/Wiki tools before the projected v31 release
in January.

Gary also made a ticket for the Fedora/CentOS cases:
https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/13512

--
Bill