[mythtv] 2019-devel: lipsync drift

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 13:19:43 UTC 2019

On 18/11/2019 11:58, Mark Kendall wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Nov 2019 at 11:47, John Pilkington <johnpilk222 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm still getting loss of a/v sync in my el7 box, more noticeable in
>> some recordings than others, but the fedora 30 system built at the same
>> commit has not yet done the same, using either NVdec or ffmpeg decoding.
>
> I'm assuming el7 is enterprise linux 7?
>
> What decoder/playback settings is that box using?
>
> Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark:  I'm using el7 as a coverall for several near-clones of RedHat
Enterprise Linux.  The box itself is on Scientific Linux 7.7 but also
uses the EPEL and rpmfusion repos, while the build is done under F30
using Gary B's rpm script, using CentOS instead of SL, and with libvpx
disabled because it clashes with the version needed by the KDE-plasma
desktop.

Kernel is Linux 4.4.200-1.el7.elrepo.x86_64, to get better tuner support.

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7400 @ 2.80GHz
OpenGL/ES version 1.4 Mesa 18.3.4

Usually it's stable, but gurus wring their hands...

Currently the frontend setup uses:

Advanced Playback Settings:  realtime priority ticked, Audio read ahead
100 ms, Enable AVSync2 at default 10 ms

Current  Video Playback Profile: Normal, Decoder Standard, Max CPUs 2,
Blocking filter enabled, renderer opengl, Deinterlacers both HQ with
boxes unticked, no custom filters.

Last night I recorded a lecture by Tim Berners-Lee on the future of the
Web.  It seems to have been badly affected.  Ironic grin.

Thanks,

John