[mythtv] 2019-render: nvdec decoding artefacts in the editor

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 23:19:06 UTC 2019

Now running 0822d3c with nVidia 430.40, and using High quality nvdec
deinterlacing on a BBC DVB-T2 HD recording.  Static pictures are still
often blocky and the 'new' shimmer after a skip is still there, but the
most obvious new feature looks like bad frame ordering when an OSD is
present; particularly the display of playback data.  Linear playback is
good.

I see rpmfusion-testing now has nVidia 440.31  I'll try that.

John