[mythtv] Services API for ChannelServices / Video Source

David Engel david at istwok.net
Fri Nov 1 14:56:35 UTC 2019

On Fri, Nov 01, 2019 at 11:15:57AM +0000, Mike Bibbings wrote:
> On 31/10/2019 21:42, Klaas de Waal wrote:
> > Hi Bill,
> >
> > I have committed support for the bouquet ID and the region ID in the
> > services API  but not yet tested anything. I followed what was done
> > for the dvb_nit_id and I think the C++ code is correct and complete. I
> > made some changes to the Javascript code but I am not sure what else
> > needs to be done there or what needs to be done in other non-C++ parts
> > of the code. I do appreciate it very much if you would have a look at
> > it.
> >
> > For the people who read this and feel tempted to play with this, the
> > code does need the fields bouquet_id and region_id and one way to test
> > it is to add these fields manually to database table videosource; SQL
> > commands given in dbcheck.cpp. Changing the schema version to 1351 in
> > mythversion.h does this and also activates the mythtv-setup gui for
> > these fields but this should only be done on a discardable database.
> >

> > Groetjes,
> > Klaas.
>
> Just for information.
>
> I quickly tested current Kodi (Leia 18.4) with kodi-pvr-mythtv addon
> (5.10.13) with the updated database (1351) and Services API everything still
> works,

That's not surprising.  I don't believe Kodi supports adding or
editing anything in that area of MythTV.  Rather, it's probably left
for the user to configure sort of stuff in MythTV directly.

> Normally with a Services API/schema change I would expect an update to
> MYTH_PROTO_VERSION (currently 91) and MYTH_PROTO_TOKEN (currently BuzzOff).
>
> Updating these means a change to kodi-pvr-mythtv addon (it uses
> MYTH_PROTO_VERSION to decide how to process Services API calls).

The database schema, protocol and services API are closely related and
a change in one area often ripples into the others but that doesn't
always have to be the case.

David
--
David Engel