[mythtv] Mythfrontend locks up on android

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed May 15 22:45:38 UTC 2019

My android frontend on fire 4K occasionally (once or twice a week),
locks up and needs to be restarted. This does not happen during
playback, but often after ending playback when the dialog comes up
asking whether to delete or save the recording. It also happens randomly
at other times in the GUI.

Has anybody else seen this?

It used to be that I could just press "Home" on the remote and mythtv
would be killed. With the latest code I have to go into setup
applications and "force stop" before it can restart.

Possibly the hangs could be due to a bad wifi connection. Sometimes the
fire stick loses the wifi connection. Perhaps I should revert to an
ethernet connection, however the fire stick has a habit of forgetting it
has ethernet and needing a reboot to see the ethernet attachment again.

I am not sure how to debug this as it is not easily reproduced. When it
does happen I am not in a position to start a debugging session.

Peter