[mythtv] Java code for android.

Mark Spieth mark at digivation.com.au
Mon May 6 13:54:39 UTC 2019

On 5/6/2019 9:59 AM, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> On Sun, May 5, 2019 at 8:09 PM Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I think it is relevant because you want the code to be consistent after
>> every commit. If there are dependent changes in java and C++ code they
>> need to be committed together.
> That is one of the use cases of git submodules
> (with the push --recurse-submodules= option),
> to insure that the remote repo(s) are consistent,
> but I would certainly understand that submodules
> is probably a bridge too far.

I am beginning to agree with Peter, this should be part of the main
mythtv repo. This is a driver or part thereof.

Its not C++ so cant go in the libs dir (or can it?) so another path
should be chosen for the java class path chosen.

Questions to be answered:

1. should the manifest go there too?

2. all parts of platform source? or only the driver related bit(s)?

3. how to handle variations in libs?

4. The build system is part build and part packaging. Does this warrant
splitting? Does this affect windows builds (OT maybe windows can rely on
linux subsystem and not care about a specific windows build)

5. should it be rewritten so that it implements the functioanlity in C++
calling java where necessary as does the sles driver?

I will test and have a look at this tomorrow (I think).

Mark