[mythtv] SpecialRecordingGroups hard coded IDs

mythtv mythtv at mdabbs.org
Thu May 2 14:46:18 UTC 2019

On 5/2/19 9:13 AM, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:

> We already have the function GetRecgroupId, see [1]. Does that not do
> what you were thinking of?
>
> [1] -
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/blob/master/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/recordinginfo.cpp#L1603-L1617

That would work too, although I wanted to avoid using the String
versions of the special groups because I thought I saw somewhere in the
code that the String versions were trying to be phased out. So having
the separate methods would avoid still using the string names outside of
the recordinginfo class.

I'm okay either way though. I'll defer to the wisdom of the existing dev
team. If everyone has an aversion to more methods in the class, I could
just call GetRecgoupId and pass the names in.