[mythtv] AVSync2 Improvements

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Sat Mar 2 15:58:46 UTC 2019

On Sat, Mar 2, 2019, 3:31 PM Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Stuttering occurs right at the start of the program with mediacodec
> > decoder. SW dec is fine. Either avsync method exhibits this so its
> > mediacodec related.
> >
> I am hoping that the direct render fixes it. Mark K said that he will be
> looking into direct render. Anyway I will download some of that file and
> see if I can do anything to understand what is happening,

Has anyone tried increasing the number of mediacodec video buffers? Its
only 8 at the moment. I had similar problems with VideoToolBox decoding
this week and increasing the buffer count was the key. 8 gives you very
little headroom for the simplest of system glitches.

Direct render is getting there - only problem is it crashes as soon as it
tries to display anything:)

Regards, Mark