[mythtv] Remote frontend fails playback after 5 minute pause

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 21:22:41 UTC 2019

David,

I spent several hours last night trying to track down this issue.  It seems
that RemoteFile::Read() is getting zero bytes from the backend even though
the backend seems to be indicating that it is sending data.  This only
happens if the playback is paused for at least 5 minutes, so I am guessing
there is a timeout somewhere that closes the socket, but I have not dug
that far.

In *very limited* testing, the attached patch successfully re-opens the
socket, and allows playback to continue.  If you have a chance, please test
it to make sure it works in your scenario.

If it does work for you, then we need to decide if it is an acceptable
"solution", or if we need to figure out where and why the socket is getting
closed.

John