[mythtv] Ansible problems with raspberry pi

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 19:01:56 UTC 2019

Hi Stuart

I rebuild my Raspberry Pi system and compiled V30. I found that ansible
failed to install the compile dependencies. ansible stopped because it
could not install libcec-dev. On debian stretch and raspbian stretch the
package is called libcec4-dev.

It stopped before it had installed much at all. Is there any way to get
it to skip the failing package and do the rest?

I installed the rest of the packages manually. There are a few more
packages needed for V30 than were for V29 - as follows
libsamplerate0-dev libbluray-dev libxnvctrl-dev liblzo2-dev libxcb-shm0-dev

I added the full list of build deps to the wiki at
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Build_from_Source#Installing_Build_Dependencies_without_Ansible

Please update ansible to use libcec4-dev for stretch and make sure the
new build deps I have listed above are included. It is possible I have
some missing or some unnecessary ones, if so please let me know.

Thanks
Peter