[mythtv] mediamonitor: now ported to MythUI but UI to selection preferred media handler wasn't restored....

Stuart Auchterlonie stuarta at squashedfrog.net
Wed Jan 16 09:32:15 UTC 2019

On 15/01/2019 17:30, Piotr Oniszczuk wrote:

>> Wiadomość napisana przez Roger Siddons <dizygotheca at ntlworld.com> w dniu 15.01.2019, o godz. 18:16:
>>

>> Correct.
>>
>> I updated the UI because it was blocking removal of deprecated code.
>>
>> However the monitor is still not functional because it needs
>> udisks2 support.
>>
>> https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/12307
>
> Ok -  will we implement then support for udisks2?

It needs somebody who
a) knows the use case, and
b) is prepared to implement it.

I technically own the ticket, but have no time to work on
it, nor do I ever use the functionality it represents.

> If not - is it possible to restore removed functionality for users having udisk1 (like i.e. MiniMyth2)?

As Roger indicated, the vast majority of distros no longer ship udisks1,
and fedora has even moved on from udisks2 to storaged

The functionality (media monitor wise) which uses udisks1 has never been
removed, it just doesn't build because there is no longer distro support
for udisks1

Regards
Stuart