[mythtv] Syntax error in configure for android

David Engel david at istwok.net
Sat Jan 5 18:08:35 UTC 2019

On Sat, Jan 05, 2019 at 12:11:45PM -0500, Peter Bennett wrote:
> Your latest changes cause an error in configure when building for android.
> The line "extralibs=${extralibs//-lfreetype/}" causes an error "Bad
> Substitution".
> It seems that this syntax is only supported under bash, but the script is
> running under sh.
> It Probably should use a sed instead.
> I am not sure what it is trying to achieve, it first tries to remove
> -lfreetype then adds it back.
> In my build, -lfreetype is not in the string anyway so I just commented that
> line temporarily.

I saw that too but wanted to finish and test a full build before
reporting it.  I siwtch configure to use bash for the tiem being.

That construct removes *all* instances ofr -lfreetype and then adds
*one* -lfreetype to the end.  The ${src//from/} construct does the
remove all "from" part.  That's what's not supported in plain sh on
Debian.  In contrast, ${src/from/} only removes the *first* "from"
instacne.

David
--
David Engel