[mythtv] AVSync2 Improvements

Mark Spieth mark at digivation.com.au
Thu Feb 28 21:10:04 UTC 2019

On 3/1/2019 5:43 AM, David Engel wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 25, 2019 at 08:07:43PM -0600, David Engel wrote:
>> On Mon, Feb 25, 2019 at 06:58:27PM -0500, Peter Bennett wrote:
>>> I watched that entire 30 minute video, part at 1.5x and part at 2x. I did
>>> not see any stuttering. I assume by stuttering you refer to the audio
>>> breaking up. I did not see anything unusual. I used software decode (opengl
>>> slim) on the shield for this test.
>> The audio stays fine.  It is the video that gets choppy.  I almost
>> always use opengl normal (kernel deinterlacer).
>>
>>> Please make sure you have Music Choice unchecked.
>> It's not checked.
>>
>>> Perhaps you can get a verbose playback log of when it happens.
>> I have not watched that particular recording yet.  I will this week.
>> When I do, I'll capture a log if I see the problem.  I'll also let you
>> know if I don't see the problem with that recording.
>>
>>> Maybe you can give me more details - such as what does the video do and what
>>> does the audio do, described as if to a small child without using terms like
>>> stuttering or out of phase. does the video stop? does the video go slower?
>>> does the video go slow then fast then slow again? same sort of questions
>>> about the audio.
>> The audio plays normally and the video gets choppy.  By choppy, I mean
>> the video starts and stops and appears to skip small parts while the
>> autio keeps playing.
> I watched the whole recording I sent you last night and didn't see the
> problem.  The next time it happens, I will capture some logs and save
> the recording for you.

I watched too last night with the patch using mediacodec however I had
it on old AVSync but the finish early issue still existed which is
strange too.

Will have to repeat tonight with AVSync2.

I can make some programs available again if it helps Peter. Use my
previous link but use recordings/1020_20190228080000.ts (news last
night) or some of the other recent ones. The one listed is guaranteed to
show the issue. 1020 is HD and 1021 is SD.

Mark