[mythtv] AVSync2 Improvements

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 23:58:27 UTC 2019

On 2/25/19 12:32 PM, David Engel wrote:

>>> Yep, watch and wait.  There's not predicting when it will happen.  It
>>> just does.
>> I don't know what I am looking for. What happens?
> Playback gets stuttery for a short while.  My assumption has been that
> avsync2 just gets out of whack for whatever reason.
>
> David
I watched that entire 30 minute video, part at 1.5x and part at 2x. I
did not see any stuttering. I assume by stuttering you refer to the
audio breaking up. I did not see anything unusual. I used software
decode (opengl slim) on the shield for this test.

Please make sure you have Music Choice unchecked.

Perhaps you can get a verbose playback log of when it happens.

Maybe you can give me more details - such as what does the video do and
what does the audio do, described as if to a small child without using
terms like stuttering or out of phase. does the video stop? does the
video go slower? does the video go slow then fast then slow again? same
sort of questions about the audio.

Peter