[mythtv] Master: scheduled recordings fail to start

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 11:13:25 UTC 2019

On Thursday 21 I installed a local build of

mythtv-31.Pre.101.g5439651a2b-100.el7.x86_64.rpm, upgrading from
mythtv-31.Pre.61.ga99d3e6d78-100.el7.x86_64.rpm

On Friday 22 I upgraded my kernel from 4.4.174.1.el7.elrepo.x86_64 to
4.4.175.1

Later on Friday I found that scheduled recordings had not started.
Attempts to restart any still being broadcast failed, but were still
marked as 'will record'

'Previously recorded' showed them as 'missed', and also showed several
recordings for Friday 1  *Mar* 2019 as 'missed'  I deleted the shows
marked in red from that screen, after which current shows could be
restarted from the EPG.  Scheduling still failed.

I have raised a flag at elrepo, because it looked as if reverting to
4.4.174 had worked, but this morning scheduled shows were missing.

I have now downgraded to the previous ga99d3e build of Myth and at
present it seems ok.

I see there have been more 'initialisation' commits since my problem
build, and maybe they have fixed it.  I have  e83b364 (current head) on
the fc28 box but have not yet done appropriate tests on that.

John P