[mythtv] AVSync2 Improvements

David Engel david at istwok.net
Sat Feb 16 22:00:45 UTC 2019

On Sat, Feb 16, 2019 at 03:28:14PM -0500, Peter Bennett wrote:
> On 2/15/19 10:14 PM, David Engel wrote:
> > I just tried today's changes with my theme and also with official,
> > Blue Abstract.  With live TV wait set to 0, it works as expected.  If
> > live TV wait is set to 1000ms or more, the video never jumps back to
> > full size.  About 500ms seems to be the value where things break.  AT
> > <= 400ms, it usually works and at >= 600ms, it usually doesn't.
> > Again, this is with my Shield.  I just tested on my Linux desktop with
> > OpenGL rendering and it did the same thing.
> Today I do see the problem. Clearly this patch is not working as it should.
>
> Is there a need to continue with this? The code that I have committed works
> with Live TV and catches up over a minute or so. Mark K expressed that he
> did not want the delay patch put in and you said it is only a temporary
> thing.

I'll have to test without the patch to see how it is.  Before the all
of the other, recent changes, I don't recall the live TV case being
too bad.  A minute of very minor judder is probably okay.  If it's a
minute of more noticeable stuttering, I still think we should do
better.

David
--
David Engel