[mythtv] Access to github for Android development

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 20:57:29 UTC 2019

On Sat, Feb 16, 2019 at 1:51 PM Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2/16/19 3:36 PM, mythtv wrote:

> >> The same source works for Android and Linux. In some cases #ifdef in
> >> the code references different pieces of code where necessary, and
> >> there are a few modules that are only used for android (for example
> >> libs/libmyth/audio/audiooutputopensles.cpp).
> >>

> > I'm looking more for the audio output modules. I'd like to see about
> > getting surround sound working on the firestick. I've done some other
> > audio playback code in android in a different app and thought I'd take a
> > look at it.
> >
> That's it, mentioned above - libs/libmyth/audio/audiooutputopensles.cpp
>
> It does work for digital audio on the shield, but I have not tried
> digital audio on the fire stick.
>
> Most android development is in java, but ours is in C++, using the QT
> android frontend which supplies some pre-packaged java and builds mythtv
> into a jni library.

For me, on the shield, AC3 works about 5% of the time.  The other 95% of
the time, enabling AC3 just gets me 'static'.  I am guessing there is a
race condition of some sort.

It is annoying because it will work when "testing" in the setup menu, but
then I go to watch a show and get static.  Then I go back to the test
option in the setup menu .... and get static.

John