[mythtv] AVSync2 Improvements

David Engel david at istwok.net
Sat Feb 16 03:14:53 UTC 2019

On Fri, Feb 15, 2019 at 03:04:05PM -0600, David Engel wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 15, 2019 at 01:55:27PM -0500, Peter Bennett wrote:
> >

> > On 2/14/19 10:08 PM, David Engel wrote:
> > > Here's the new, serious regression.  Choose a theme with a video
> > > window in the EPG (Blue Abstract should work).  Set live TV wait to
> > > 1000ms (that's what I used).  Start live TV.  Bring up the EPG and use
> > > it to change channels.  Video playback continues in the small window
> > > and never switches back to full screen.
> > I tried this with NVDEC on Linux with Steppes as well as Shield with Steppes
> > and I do not see it happen. I tried with both 1000 and 10000 delay. When I
> > select a new channel the small TV view freezes for a period of 1000 or 10000
> > ms but immediately goes back to full screen when it starts playing again.
> >
> > How do I recreate this?
>
> Come to my house? :) Seriously, it was repeatable on my Shield with
> slightly modified version of Blue Abstract.  I didn't mod the EPG so I
> very much doubt they had any effect.  I will test again tonight with
> the other latest changes.

I just tried today's changes with my theme and also with official,
Blue Abstract.  With live TV wait set to 0, it works as expected.  If
live TV wait is set to 1000ms or more, the video never jumps back to
full size.  About 500ms seems to be the value where things break.  AT
<= 400ms, it usually works and at >= 600ms, it usually doesn't.
Again, this is with my Shield.  I just tested on my Linux desktop with
OpenGL rendering and it did the same thing.

David
--
David Engel
david at istwok.net