[mythtv] AVSync2 Improvements

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 16:01:19 UTC 2019

I have been using the latest patch
https://code.mythtv.org/trac/attachment/ticket/13383/20190208_1644_catchup_plus.patch
for a couple of days and it looks good now.

Mark- you said you may have some improvements - I plan to commit it
anyway and those can always be done afterwards.

You said that making the wait into a series of short waits may improve
things. Currently on a desktop system everything is between -5 and +5 ms
so I don't know if much improvement is possible. Also on thinking about
it I don't know how that would help, if the operating system is going to
delay resuming a process on one wait, would it be less likely to delay
it on a bunch of smaller waits?

If I don't hear anything back I will commit that patch to master and
fixes/30.

Peter