[mythtv] Mediacodec playback of mpeg2 on fire stick 4k

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sat Dec 14 10:06:07 UTC 2019

AFAIK, this can only be done via the JAVA MediaCodec API.

This is what gecko is using:
https://github.com/mozilla/gecko-dev/blob/master/mobile/android/geckoview/src/main/java/org/mozilla/gecko/util/HardwareCodecCapabilityUtils.java

The particular code is this:
https://github.com/mozilla/gecko-dev/blob/master/mobile/android/geckoview/src/main/java/org/mozilla/gecko/util/HardwareCodecCapabilityUtils.java#L72

This will enumerate the supported codec.