[mythtv] AVSync in master, Normal decoding, vga monitor and built-in audio analog stereo

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 08:21:27 UTC 2019

On Wed, 11 Dec 2019 at 09:15, John Pilkington <johnpilk222 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a build from the same commit on el7 now, and have settings with
> which I don't see drift.  There's still some jitter in the sync values
> reported, the StdDevs are comparable with the larger AVSync2 increment
> that seems to be needed, and the CPUs are busier than in F30.  Perhaps
> that's just progress.

John

There is one potential 'gotcha' that probably applies to your systems
(as you are using predominantly software decoding).

With the conversion to use FFmpeg for deinterlacing, you may see
higher load with the medium and high quality deinterlacers. While I
would expect the low quality (onefield/bob) to be comparable to the
old mythtv equivalent filter, the medium uses yadif and the high
quality bwdif. The equivalent medium to high versions previously would
have been something like linearblend and yadif. This is because
FFmpeg/libavfilter doesn't offer anything that fits into the 'medium'
quality bracket - so I had to make do.

Regards
Mark