[mythtv] Merging the 'render' branch

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 09:20:19 UTC 2019

On 02/12/2019 08:31, Mark Kendall wrote:
> On Sun, 1 Dec 2019 at 17:42, John Pilkington <johnpilk222 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> The 'edit cursor' problem that I reported earlier, also on both boxes,
>> is still present and almost certainly from c794391ade, to which I added
>> a typo.  I had been trying to understand the workings of
>> mythtv/libs/libmythtv/deletemap.cpp and its relationship to
>> ~/.mythtv/themes/MythCenter-wide/osd.xml,
>> while the commit changed osd.cpp
>
> John
>
> Are you saying there is a problem with that commit or a problem with
> your local changes?
>
> Regards
> Mark

Hi Mark:  ..that the change in usability was caused by that commit or
related ones immediately before it.

In the early days of qt5 the 'current position' marker in edit mode
disappeared.  A workaround was created but not committed, and upstream
fixed it.  Now the marker is visible but flicks between start and end of
the recording;  it's bi-stable.  The workaround might be helpful in
identifying relevant bits of code - but it doesn't restore proper
operation now.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/588659#588659

 > For the cutlist editor, this would be applied in the theme's osd.xml in
 > the editbar section, specifically the position, cuttoright, cuttoleft,
 > keeptoright, and keeptoleft elements.

Thanks,

John