[mythtv] Kernel crash with DVBv5 API calls , ticket #12638

Piotr Oniszczuk piotr.oniszczuk at gmail.com
Sat Apr 6 12:10:26 UTC 2019

> Wiadomość napisana przez Klaas de Waal <klaas.de.waal at gmail.com> w dniu 02.04.2019, o godz. 14:34:
>
> Hi warpme,
>
> Thanks for reporting the kernel crash with the DVBSKY S952 satellite
> tuner after I changed the order of the tuner calls to DVBv5 first. I
> did revert it to DVBv3 first and I understand this does solve the
> problem for now but I do want to move to DVBv5 eventually.
> In libdvbv5 there is conditional logic based on the DVB API version
> that is reported by the driver and that could possibly be the way
> forward for MythTV.
> For that I would like to know the linux kernel version, the version of
> the drivers if they are not the standard kernel drivers, and the
> output of the dvb-fe-tool.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Kind regards,
> Klaas.

Klaas,
Sorry for late replay!
Some details on my system:
-kernel ver: 4.13.5 (custom build)
-DVB drivers: (kernel in-tree)
-DVB HW: DvbSky S952

I think idea with DB of HW+SW with defective DVBv5 implementation is nice idea.

But it think it will be also good to have cmd line option for forcing DVBv3 (i.e. —force-dvbv3-apis).
This will allow to do quick test when user has traping kernel and we want to quickly test trap root cause by adding such cmd line option and see are kernel traps gone on not…

br