[mythtv] Kernel crash with DVBv5 API calls , ticket #12638

Klaas de Waal klaas.de.waal at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 12:34:36 UTC 2019

Hi warpme,

Thanks for reporting the kernel crash with the DVBSKY S952 satellite
tuner after I changed the order of the tuner calls to DVBv5 first. I
did revert it to DVBv3 first and I understand this does solve the
problem for now but I do want to move to DVBv5 eventually.
In libdvbv5 there is conditional logic based on the DVB API version
that is reported by the driver and that could possibly be the way
forward for MythTV.
For that I would like to know the linux kernel version, the version of
the drivers if they are not the standard kernel drivers, and the
output of the dvb-fe-tool.

Thanks!

Kind regards,
Klaas.