[mythtv] Mythfrontend Android Releases

Michael mythtv at blandford.net
Mon Sep 17 23:22:54 UTC 2018

On 9/17/18 1:46 PM, Peter Bennett wrote:

> On 09/17/2018 03:36 PM, Michael wrote:
>> On 9/16/18 4:00 PM, Peter Bennett wrote:
>>> The current android builds have all been created with a development
>>> certificate, which expires in 1 year.
>>>
>>> I have created a Release Certificate and built 32 bit and 64 bit
>>> Release (v30-Pre) versions of MythFrontend. In order to install the
>>> release version you will have to first uninstall the development
>>> version. Note that unless you have set a custom frontend name in
>>> database setup, and set the same name again, you will get a new
>>> name, and all of your frontend settings will be lost.
>>>
>>> The release packages can be found here:
>>> https://dl.bintray.com/bennettpeter/generic/ There is a directory
>>> for each MythTV version (Currently only V30) and under that a
>>> directory for 32bit and and one for 64bit packages.
>>

>> Hi Peter,
>>

>> I am having issues upgrading to this newest version.
>>

>> When loading from USB via a file manager, the package manager starts
>> installing, progress bar goes to about 90% and then I get a message
>> that just says 'App not installed'.
>>

>> I have removed the previous version as well due to the concerns over
>> the cert with the results.    I can however, reinstall the previous
>> version from the same USB stick and same method.
>>

>> Any thoughts on what to try?
>>

>> Michael
>>

> Do you have the setting "Allow apps from unknown sources" set? Are you
> using the correct architecture (64 bit vs 32 bit)?
> Did you clear data and clear cache before uninstalling the prior
> version? Perhaps that would help.
> I always install and uninstall with adb and have never had a problem.
> Is this on a Shield?

Hi Peter,

I guess I should have included a few more words :)

Yes, I have allow apps from unknown sources set

I am using the 64 bit package

I did try clearing data and cache ( no difference )

This is on a shield.

I never got this working with the
20180915-arm64-v30-Pre-775-gf30e50bfd0a, but
20180814-arm64-v30-Pre-714-gc2621a984b7 can still be installed via FX
file explorer.

I installed adb and figured out how to use it and I was able to load the
package that way after I removed the previous package. All of my
frontend settings were lost though which was strange since I am NOT
using a custom frontend identifier.   In my testing yesterday, I
reinstalled the August version many time and never lost my settings.

Anyway, I am on the new package.

I am having an audio issue that appeared recently.  But I will start a
separate thread for that.

Michael