[mythtv] rpm build of master using mockchain: ERROR: samplerate not found using pkg-config

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 17:50:13 UTC 2018

On 08/09/18 02:30, David Hampton wrote:
> On September 7, 2018 2:49:38 PM PDT, John Pilkington
> <johnpilk222 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>     I have been running rpm builds of master, based on Gary B's packaging
>     script, with my latest being 11d426b from 21 Jul.  A thread here in June
>     and July has details.
>
>     It seemed time to update, but the error quoted in the subject comes
>     after a long ./configure block in the build.logs on both el7 and fc27.
>     Version is dc0755b from 6 Sep.
>
>     None of the specfiles mentions samplerate and no suspect jumps out at me
>     from the commits page.  Any suggestions?
>
>     John P

> Sounds like my commit to replace old embedded libraries with current
> system libraries. Have you tried installing libsamplerate-dev?
>
> David

Thank you David:  I added a "BuildRequires: libsamplerate-devel" and now
it can't find libbluray.   I'll browse 27fec2bab and see what else might
be needed.

----------------------

My apologies to Gary for not noticing that he had updated his script to
handle that commit.  I had needed to fork from his earlier version to
get it to build for both el7 and fc27, and the new build of that failed.

I now have master head running in Fedora 27.  It looks fine, but gives
again the spurious warnings about the google-Droid fonts which are
installed as a dependency when they are already in git.

I haven't yet tried the build for el7, but when I do it will be on the
Fedora box.

In my experience, questions on the user list about building rpms don't
often yield much.

John P