[mythtv] 50fps video playback on 30Hz display (4K on HDMI 1.4 output)

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 19:56:16 UTC 2018

On 10/24/18 2:51 PM, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> I think one issue is NVDEC does not support older nVidia GPUs
> (kepler and newer required) in addition to only supporting the
> proprietary driver.  It is also the only (documented as supported)
> solution for some next-gen nVidia GPUs (VDPAU has been on
> life support in Linux for a while now with nVidia stating at some
> point it will stop working with their newer drivers/GPUs and to
> get your act together and support NVDEC (which projects such
> as FFMpeg did) [nvidia stated it nicer, but that was the essence]).
Gary

I thought so too. I have a GT210 card which is about the oldest cheapest
Nvidia card and I ran a test with ffmpeg to decode with h264-cuvid, and
it worked. I think maybe the chart on the NVidia site does not show it
on the list because the chart is incomplete, not because it does not work?

Peter