[mythtv] Android/Shield Steppes theme and dates

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 21:57:11 UTC 2018

Hi John

I have been using the shield daily for a couple of months now as a
frontend and it has worked very well.

I noticed a couple of days ago that the record date and original air
date displayed in the program list only show day and month. The year is
missing. I found that on all Linux systems it includes the full date but
on Android systems ionly the day and month. Since I have shows with old
dates I like to know how old they are when watching.

Do you have any ideas on this? I assume some sort of default date format
from the operating system is being used and I don't know if that can be
updated on Android. If you have any pointers let me know, otherwise I
will dig into the code. Hopefully QT will be able to furnish a local
date format to use that includes the year.

Peter