[mythtv] Mediacodec problem with fire stick 4K

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Wed Nov 21 12:05:20 UTC 2018

On 21/11/2018 00:57, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 10:33 PM Aman Gupta <aman at tmm1.net> wrote:
>
>> The hardware mpeg2 decoder on that device is extremely buggy.
> At least a few companies have reported the issue to Amazon.
> I have not heard about any explicit commitment regarding a
> fix (let alone a date).  At least one company has stated that
> they have some mitigations in place to try to avoid the issues,
> but the underlying hardware/firmware/OS need to be fixed.
> I suspect that as it does not effect Prime Video nor Netflix
> they have not made it a highest priority to address.

That's a shame I was just about to pull the trigger and get one to use
as an additional FE since they are on special offer at the moment. Glad
I saw this before I did :)

Anyone tried one of the cheap Android boxes as a FE? Any recommendations
I'm going round in circles trying to figure out which one to get.

Regard Paul