[mythtv] Mediacodec problem with fire stick 4K

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 00:57:58 UTC 2018

On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 10:33 PM Aman Gupta <aman at tmm1.net> wrote:

> The hardware mpeg2 decoder on that device is extremely buggy.

At least a few companies have reported the issue to Amazon.
I have not heard about any explicit commitment regarding a
fix (let alone a date).  At least one company has stated that
they have some mitigations in place to try to avoid the issues,
but the underlying hardware/firmware/OS need to be fixed.
I suspect that as it does not effect Prime Video nor Netflix
they have not made it a highest priority to address.