[mythtv] Resync to ffmpeg 4.0

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Tue May 29 13:47:57 UTC 2018

On 05/25/2018 07:08 PM, Peter Bennett wrote:

> On 05/24/2018 05:14 PM, Peter Bennett wrote:
>> I have re-synced the MythTV master source and put the results in branch devel/ffmpeg-resync to ffmpeg 4.0. I am now using the forked FFmpeg
>> repository MythTV/FFmpeg to track our customization. Future merges should be easier, by creating the branch on MythTV/FFmpeg and doing a git
>> merge from FFmpeg/FFmpeg. There could still be conflicts and errors needing fixing but I think the process will be an improvement.
>>
>> Let me know if there are any problems with the devel/ffmpeg-resync branch.
>>
>> Note the first commit caused a compile failure because I did not fix the plugins (I tend to forget those). That is why there are dozens of
>> buildslave failures.
>>
>> Peter
>>
> I have tested the devel/ffmpeg-resync branch with FFmpeg 4.0: Playback with OpenGL, VAAPI, XVideo, VDPAU. Also tested on Raspberry Pi OpenMax
> and Android OpenGL. All is working. If nobody has any problems or objections I will move it to MythTV Master in a few days.

Hi,

Been running on it for three days now. Just one item:

curl --data RecordedId=<some valid id> --data Width=960 <backend>:6544/Content/AddRecordingLiveStream

which runs mythtranscode like this:

    /usr/local/bin/mythtranscode --hls --hlsstreamid <returned hlsid> --verbose general

will report this in mythtranscode's log:

2018-05-26 21:34:26.320859 E [10666/10666] CoreContext avformatdecoder.cpp:332 (myth_av_log) - [aac @ 0x7fd535df2540] Unsupported channel layout
2018-05-26 21:34:26.320892 E [10666/10666] CoreContext transcode.cpp:586 (TranscodeFile) - avfw->Init() failed

It's not a show stopper because it fails in a different way on master.

I'll open a ticket after a meeting this AM, unless you've got a blanket ticket for this
change.

--
Bill