[mythtv] rpm build of master fails after ffmpeg refactor

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Thu May 10 16:51:49 UTC 2018

On 05/10/2018 11:24 AM, Richard Shaw wrote:
> I removed them since they were not shown in ./configure --help...
> Weirdly though, neither was x265 but it definitely needs to be there.

Actually, libx265 is not needed and if it is configured it will not be
used. If you check the ./configure --help in the FFmpeg directory or the
FFmpeg documentation you will find that libx265 is used by FFmpeg only
for encoding and not for decoding. x265 decoding is done by FFmpeg
internally and does not need libx265. MythTV does not do any x265
encoding at the current time.

Peter