[mythtv] rpm build of master fails after ffmpeg refactor

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Thu May 10 15:24:59 UTC 2018

On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 10:18 AM, John Pilkington <johnpilk222 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 10/05/18 15:10, Richard Shaw wrote:
>
>> On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 9:07 AM, John Pilkington <johnpilk222 at gmail.com
>> <mailto:johnpilk222 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     I just realised (after a comment by Paul H) that commits to master
>>     hadn't stopped but are not coming through on the mailing list, so
>>     this is a bit late.
>>
>>     I'm using a specfile based on one from rpmfusion. Last success was
>>     on 25 April.  Now I see
>>
>>     + ./configure --qmake=/usr/bin/qmake-qt5 --prefix=/usr
>>     --libdir=/usr/lib64 --libdir-name=lib64 --mandir=/usr/share/man
>>     --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis
>>     --enable-libx264 --enable-libxvid ' '
>>     Unknown option "--enable-libtheora".
>>

>> I went in and removed the vorbis and theora options and am currently
>> trying builds of the latest fixes/29.1.
>>
>> http://koji.rpmfusion.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=162
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Richard
>>

> Hi Richard:  I don't suppose that amny mythtv users will miss theora or
> vorbis, but I don't think you need to remove them.  It looks to me as if
> there are conflicts between Peter's new ffmpeg-based configure and the old
> rpmfusion mythtv-based configure, IIUC the new version only affects master
> at present.

I removed them since they were not shown in ./configure --help... Weirdly
though, neither was x265 but it definitely needs to be there.

> Relating to my other posts on this topic:  I see that mythwikiscripts
> comes in /mythtv-master/mythtv/bindings/python/scripts
>
> but is being looked for in /usr/bin
>
> bin* problem?  If so, it might be a one-off

Perhaps, without seeing your whole spec file. The original error said the
line was not a file or directory but it was all CFLAG related stuff.  The
scripts put in %{_bindir} if from contrib (or other directories) should be
"installed" somewhere in the %install section.

Thanks,
Richard